Thread: Why is M5board so strict with new members, even if they have an M5?

My Cars
    E60 M5

Why is M5board so strict with new members, even if they have an M5?

Hello all,

I recently purchased an M5 e60. I registered on M5board with my used to be current car, an e90 328i. But after 2 days i purchased my M5. M5board sent me an activation email, and I activated the account. But guess what I can't post, comment or message the moderator even.

This site is great too, but I think most of y'all are members on M5board too right?

I've been a member of audizine for my c6, m3forum for my e46, e90post for my e90, but can't be a member at M5board.

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks
    Anpk05...

- - - Updated - - -

I was simply asking for some help.... anyone know the correct procedure. I guess i'm doing something wrong.

My Cars
    E60 M5
    Ok here's a picture of my new addition.

My Cars
    2007 BMW M5, 1996 328I
    I am on the M5 board also. You should be able to post once activated. But you can not PM until you have reached a 31 post count.
    Make sure you are logged in. You should see your name in the upper right hand corner, says Welcome XXXXXXXXX.. If you are not logged in, then you can not post.
    Go to the FAQ section, there is lot of information in there too.
    If you have issues, I will try to remember to come back here and see if I can help further.
    And welcome my M5 Brother !!!!!

(User Name on M5Board is Eviltwin)

My Cars
    E60 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by krflynn View Post
    I am on the M5 board also. You should be able to post once activated. But you can not PM until you have reached a 31 post count.
    Make sure you are logged in. You should see your name in the upper right hand corner, says Welcome XXXXXXXXX.. If you are not logged in, then you can not post.
    Go to the FAQ section, there is lot of information in there too.
    If you have issues, I will try to remember to come back here and see if I can help further.
    And welcome my M5 Brother !!!!!

(User Name on M5Board is Eviltwin)
    Hey thanks a lot fellow m5 brother, it says i'm logged in. I read the FAQ but does not allow me to post anything. Can you pm a moderator on behalf of me. My name on M5Board is also anpk05.

My Cars
    E60 M5
    This is so frustrating..

My Cars
    2006 BMW E60 M5
    It takes several days for final approval. By now, I'm sure you have been granted full access.

My Cars
    2008 M5,2011 Mustang 5.0
    Took a few dayz for mine to become active. Patience my young apprentice. Congrats on the car nice color

- - - Updated - - -

And what better place to park the M than your lawn

My Cars
    E60 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by E39sporter View Post
    Took a few dayz for mine to become active. Patience my young apprentice. Congrats on the car nice color

- - - Updated - - -

And what better place to park the M than your lawn
    Haha, thanks guys. Only when I wash my car I park on the lawn. I have been approved by M5board also. Will post some more decent picks, after getting the car cleaned up. Thanks

My Cars
    BMW
    Welcome to the community and congrats on the M! She looks great!

My Cars
    2007 BMW M5, 1996 328I
    Sorry. Don't Hang out here much. Were you able to get on the M5 Board yet ????

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind !! I see you can post now...

See you on the M5 Board fellow brother !

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    What happened? Did you get approved? When I signed up to that board I was granted access right away. My screen name over there is also DIMM6.

I'm now having the same problem with StanceWorks. I signed up months ago and I even had my wife sign up to see if she would get privileges as well, but it didn't work. I can log in, but I can't do anything else.

My Cars
    2007 BMW M5, 1996 328I

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    What happened? Did you get approved? When I signed up to that board I was granted access right away. My screen name over there is also DIMM6.

I'm now having the same problem with StanceWorks. I signed up months ago and I even had my wife sign up to see if she would get privileges as well, but it didn't work. I can log in, but I can't do anything else.
    Yep, he is approved and posting now. All is good in the M land !!

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    I seem to be stuck waiting for approval too....

Do you have to have an M5 to join?

Edit: Scratch that, got an email saying approved not long after I posted
    Last edited by K927A; 09-11-2013 at 12:37 AM.

My Cars
    Lotus Exige
    I've been waiting a week or two to get posting privileges there too. Maybe it's because I don't own an M yet. It certainly makes it difficult to buy any of the cars listed FS there.

Oh well. I like it here too.
    Last edited by Wrecked Em; 04-22-2014 at 06:43 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M3//2003 M5
    I've been waiting 2.5 weeks now for my account to be activated . I'm a member of MANY forums and this is the first time I've had so much trouble participating. I emailed the mods about a week in and got no response. I'm spending an inordinate amount of time there since the middle of May, and it's very frustrating when I see a part I'd like to buy, or a discussion I'd like to join and can't.

My Cars
    Email the administrator. Mine never came. After I emailed him, my account was activated
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    1999 M3//2003 M5
    I've already sent several emails over the past few weeks with no reply or activation. I'm at a loss at this point.

My Cars
    1993 e34 bmw m5,
    I've been waiting a few days now and i still can't post or reply on the m5 forum, quite fraustrating as i'm trying to advertise 2 e34 m5's for breaking and im sure plenty of the lads on there could use the parts.......

My Cars
    2006 M6 Coupe
    I have the same issue... Been registered already for about 2 weeks, never got my accont activated so that I can post or reply posts...

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5, 2K M5
    because they get wayyyyyyy too many dummies. seriously read the newbie posts. lots of dummies, but also a lot of mindless advertising and spam.

My Cars
    2000 BMW M5
    I'm in the same boat here...I have an e39 M5 and have been trying to join M5board for two months. I've been able to register (username GiiCiii) but never got activated. Can't figure out how to get anyone's attention on the matter...can anyone help?