Thread: EWS Disabled....you all said it couldn't be Done!!!

My Cars
    1998 Z3 & 1982 320is

EWS Disabled....you all said it couldn't be Done!!!

Okay some of you may know but my EWS Module took a crap last week and while i wanted To fix it properly i couldn't bring myself to do it...(second time i would had to have done that)

So i found a Company called RPM MOTORSPORTS out of Victoria British Colombia. I honestly thought it was a scam but i went for it anyways...

Paid $465 throught paypal and sent them my DME To them

They "Bypassed" the EWS in the DME and sent it back with detailed instructions on how to bypass the EWS module behind the glove box...

Basically i put the DME back in the car...unplugged the EWS Module from behind the glove box and Put a jumper wire in its place connecting pin 1 and 3 together. Left the EWS module out all together....Hooked up the battery and BOOM it started up and runs perfect...with my current key and any of my Old Disabled keys from the previous EWS problems...

It is a flawless service and took less than a week from start to finish....

any other questions about it or the process or what they do just PM me.

GOOD BUY EWS MODULE AND ASSOCIATED ISSUES

98 Roady M44
    * Auto to 5 Speed Swap
    * 3.73 LSD Diff swap
    * e46 330i Staggered Wheels
    * H&R Springs & Sways with Bilstein Sports

82 320is
    * 5-speed, LSD, Recaro Seats & Completely Stock

My Cars
    98 Roadster 2.8L
    Good to know :-)

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    interdasting

My Cars
    99 M Coupe LS Swap
    Not to throw cold water on your joy, but $465?
    Dan "PbFut" Rose

My Cars
    98 Roadster 2.8L
    Quote Originally Posted by PbFut View Post
    Not to throw cold water on your joy, but $465?
    I don't know... Seems about right compared to getting new keys, EWS, and aligning DME?

My Cars
    z3
    I dont think anyone said these EWS systems can not be bypassed. These are a pretty easy EWS to bypass... its the later EWS that is near impossible to get around.

As mentioned in your other thead, these guys can even do it remotely.

Also, even though the community here is full of honest people, you never know who may be lurking. I personally wouldnt be advertising the fact that the main security system on my car has been removed.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    Twinscrew M coupe
    +1 on it being pretty easy. I bounced between two different DMEs in one day.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Any tuning company should be able to do or

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    He's not talking about aligning the EWS/DME. Any tuning company can disable i the EWS system in the DME. Some won't on street licensed cars, others suggested don't do four cylinder DMEs. I never said it could not be done. I just didn't believe that was the problem. The OP has had more EWS problems in the last few years than the rest of the forum combined. I'm glad it turned out to not be a waste of funds.

/.randy

My Cars
    1998 Z3 & 1982 320is
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    He's not talking about aligning the EWS/DME. Any tuning company can disable i the EWS system in the DME. Some won't on street licensed cars, others suggested don't do four cylinder DMEs. I never said it could not be done. I just didn't believe that was the problem. The OP has had more EWS problems in the last few years than the rest of the forum combined. I'm glad it turned out to not be a waste of funds.
    Thanks

Yes My EWS Has problems every year weather it be the module or the key and its hard to find someone who will bypass the EWS on a 4 cyl Car....Technica were very friendly but don't mess with 4 cyl cars....same applies to everyone except VAC motorsports who would do it but the car had to be in there shop...it was just to long to trailer it!

RPM also does 4 cyl & 6 cyl cars and they sell Unlocked SMG computers for e46 m3's for motor swaps

$465 was CHEAP to me...last time i had this problem

I paid close to $1000 for a new EWS module, New key, & getting it installed/aligned

98 Roady M44
    * Auto to 5 Speed Swap
    * 3.73 LSD Diff swap
    * e46 330i Staggered Wheels
    * H&R Springs & Sways with Bilstein Sports

82 320is
    * 5-speed, LSD, Recaro Seats & Completely Stock

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 2.8L
    It is highly likely I will gladly spend the $465 to get rid of this booby trap. If I don't BMW and the tow bill will empty my pockets sooner or later. I need a few customers in my shop to get up the money. This summer business has been dead. Not just merely dead, but most sincerely dead. It should pick back up soon, I hope. I've seen dead spells many times but never seen the economy in such bad shape.

I hope this is a good company to deal with, with polite employees. My ignorance of ECM/EWS is difficult to tolerate for some.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    Oh wow didn't know they won't do 4 cyl models, good to know for future reference. Either way glad you got it figured out!