Thread: How to inspect/remove speakers?

My Cars
    97 Z3 2.8 5-sp AtlantaB

How to inspect/remove speakers?

I suspect that the original owner of my '97 2.8 Roadster replaced the speakers somewhere along the line, but I haven't figured out how to get at 'em to check. Is there any way short of removing the door panels to check the door speakers? How about those in the kick panels? There's some sort of screwlike arrangement there, but it turns with no apparent effect. Lastly, how does one easily remove the subwoofer enclosure? There are a couple of philips heads that don't seem to want to turn holding the holding brackets down. Is it easier to undo the front-to-rear bolts holding it to the brackets?

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

My Cars
    97 Z3 2.8 5-sp AtlantaB
    Good info regarding the "regular" speakers, but how about the dual 5" sub? Also, I have no speakers behind the seats (as in were never there...no cutouts, no nothin')...should the wiring be there anyway?

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 M roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...3_Roadster.pdf

I used that pdf to walk me through my speaker install
    Those are the best set of instructions I've seen. I'm especially interested in removing my door panels to lubricate my window slides. Thank you for posting them!!

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Looks like the PDF was moved. I think this is the correct link now ...

http://www.bavsound.com/files/guides...2013-v2-49.pdf
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.