Thread: Bavarian Auto Recycling - TERRIBLE

My Cars
    1985 M635

Bavarian Auto Recycling - TERRIBLE

I purchased a part from George at Bavarian Auto Recycling on November 23, 2012. It was supposedly in stock, and I would receive it in a week. 3 weeks went buy and I called George. The car was on a rack, they would get the part shipped and he would call me back to confirm. No call, so I call at least 3 more times between then and January 3, 2013.
    At that point I was told the part was broken, and they would refund my money (put it back on my CC). That did not happen, so I called again on February 12, 2013 .... again George promised to get with "accounting" to get my charge ($274.21) credited back to my CC. That didn't happen. I called and complained again to George today ..... asked to speak to his boss about the refund. George offered to transfer me to the accounting dept to leave a message (he said the people in the accounting dept own the company). He transferred me and I left a message for someone named Annette.
    This is without a doubt the most awful customer service I have ever received. I may have to sue these people to get my money back.
    I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM BAVARIAN AUTO RECYCLING AGAIN
    ================
    1985 M635 (gone but not forgotten)
    1994 850CSi (also gone but not forgotten)
    1985 M635 (current obsession)

My Cars
    87 swapp e30,boosted e36
    Wow I'm going through a similar situation with the same come. The joke is Annette doesn't go there and operations are done remotely

Jacques Cousteau could never get this low

My Cars
    1985 M635
    Yes, George told me that. He (George) does not seem to have the power to get Annette to issue a refund ...... although he does have the power to charge my credit card. I have left repeated messages for Annette ..... she never calls back as her message indicates she will (within 24 hours). I will personally NEVER BUY ANYTHING AGAIN from Bavarian Auto Recycling !! I will, however, continue to blast them in every BMW forum (and regularly) until I receive a refund. You can put that in the bank!! Since they (Bavarian Auto Recycling) are a sponsor to this site, and what they are doing is unquestionably wrong. Maybe we could petition bimmerforums.com to drop their advertising. That might at least keep more poor fools from buying anything from them because if anything goes wrong they won't get a refund.
    Last edited by Ed Lyerly; 01-22-2016 at 02:31 PM. Reason: grammar correction
    ================

My Cars
    1985 M635
    Complaint ID#:65029967

Business Name: Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc.

Thank you for contacting the Better Business Bureau. Your complaint was
    received by the Bureau on April 1, 2013 and has been assigned case# 65029967in
    our files. Please make a note of this number for future reference.

Your complaint has been applied to the following business:

Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc.

3688 Omec Cir

Rancho Cordova, CA 95742-7301

The case has been reviewed and has now been forwarded to the business for their
    response. This business has until April 16, 2013 to respond to your complaint.
    You may contact our office after April 16, 2013 to check the status of your
    complaint.
    ================

My Cars
    1985 M635
    I finally received a full credit back to my Mastercard from Bavarian Auto Recycling They could have saved themselves some bad press if they had bothered to return just one of the many messages I left Annette in "accounting".
    ================

My Cars
    z4
    Bavarian Auto Recycling is rated F by the Better Business Bureau.

I wish I would have checked their ratings online before wasting my time and money ordering parts from them. I wasted 53 days waiting for them to fix my order for a used Z4 wheel. I needed to call them close to 10 times and eventually gave up and refuted the charge via my credit card company when they didn't process a refund. They managed to ship my part to someone else and send me a part I never ordered. They didn't call me a single time in the entire process. They were flippant when I talked with them and put no effort into resolving the issue. I'll never do business with them again. And I would warn others from considering ordering from them.

Here's their status as of Jan 22 2016 on bbb.org:

http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/busine...va-ca-4000486/

Rating F

Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered the rating for Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc. include:

154 complaint(s) filed against business
    Failure to respond to 5 complaint(s) filed against business
    47 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
    Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints

My Cars
    90 ix, 91 i & ic, 02 325
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolio View Post

Rating F

Reason for Rating

BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered the rating for Bavarian Auto Recycling, Inc. include:

154 complaint(s) filed against business
    Failure to respond to 5 complaint(s) filed against business
    47 complaint(s) filed against business that were not resolved
    Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
    +100

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...ycling-Warning

My Cars
    1994 Bmw 540i
    Literally going through the same thing with this company right now.. I ordered a driveshaft 2 months ago, 1 month goes by no driveshaft. After having to call multiple times for them to tell me it was "lost in the mail" and that it "happens all the time". I have been trying to get my refund for a few weeks now still with no luck.. I have no idea how they're still in business. Do not order from them