Thread: Right Front Indicator light Housing Burnt

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328xi

Right Front Indicator light Housing Burnt

Wondering if this is a common problem or im the lucky one who was chosen to have this issue. I replaced the light bulb the first time it went out and the new one i replaced 2 weeks ago is now out so i thought. After taking a closer look at both the old and new bulbs i noticed that neither were burnt out but instead the housing that holds the bulb is burnt down the side where one of the contact points are. Im not sure where to go from here. My next step would be to remove the headlight(is there a write up?) and get a better look.

My Cars
    It's common. Replace the headlight.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328xi
    The entire headlight correct ? Also where does everyone purchase parts from ?

To correct my initial information the Front Bulb Socket for Turn Signal has black on it. Does it still require the entire headlight to be replaced?

Also i one of the headlight washers came off and im missing the stem that comes out and the cover. Am i able to purchase the stem separately or do i need to replace the entire pump. If i can just purchase the parts could anyone send me in that direction.

Thanks
    Last edited by Blue328xi; 02-08-2013 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328xi
    Help please

My Cars
    Yeah, the entire headlamp.

And for the headlight washers, you just need to purchase the cover, have it painted, and replace the nozzle. That's not actually the pump. Do it at the same time as you replace the headlight because you'll already have the bumper cover off.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician