Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Project E30: The ULTIMATE Street Car

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by filthyeuropean View Post
    Yep, it was on a Dynapack DP42.
    Bingo!

My car same exact tune, fuel, setup, etc. did 425whp/477wtq with 14psi on a Mustang Dyno. Then on a Dynapack it did 416whp/456wtq on a Dynapack yet with only 9psi. Dynapacks read the highest...especially the torques.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    84 e30
    I can't remember the duty cycle, but my 630cc injectors were damn near maxed as well, also showing around 500hp. We have used the same dyno for a ton of product development and cars are making right where they need to be in stock form. Torque could be a bit high, however. Regardless, its tough to compare completely different setups.
    Need a cut ring head gasket, connecting rods, pistons, or valvetrain? PM me.

www.performancebyie.com

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    I can't remember the duty cycle, but my 630cc injectors were damn near maxed as well, also showing around 500hp. We have used the same dyno for a ton of product development and cars are making right where they need to be in stock form. Torque could be a bit high, however. Regardless, its tough to compare completely different setups.
    I love the Dynapack. No wheel spin issues ever of course! I was simply stating that dyno comparisons should be between same Make/Model in order to be accurate...nothing against that dyno.

Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    84 e30
    Yep, I agree. The Dynapack is nice, especially when you want to roll it away underneath the pallet rack and use the shop for something else.

www.performancebyie.com

My Cars
    Turbo M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I love the Dynapack. No wheel spin issues ever of course!
    Bingo!

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    Yep, I agree. The Dynapack is nice, especially when you want to roll it away underneath the pallet rack and use the shop for something else.
    Bam. And there much safer IMO.

Sick car. I just realized that this thread was basically my inspiration during my build!
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    84 e30
    Thanks, I really need to update the thread. Let me dig through my photos.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, here are several that I never posted:

Motorsport Hardware wheel studs

Test-fitting some slicks, which I still haven't used.

Car became too scary to drive, so it got a roll bar.

Cool shot I got when the valve cover was off.

Looking forward to driving it again soon, since it has been stored since fall. I have the turbo off it now, as I was looking to sell and go with an EFR, but no one seems to be interested in the 5557, so it will most likely go back on.

Goals for spring: recirculate wastegate (if I stick with the PTE using an external gate), 2.5" exhaust with a cutout, bigger tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images

www.performancebyie.com

My Cars
    84 e30
    Well, the 5557 setup sold, so it is time to go EFR. Thinking about putting on a single scroll T3 7670, since it would require the least modification and would provide plenty of power. Anyone have experience with this turbo on one of these engines?

www.performancebyie.com

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Anyone have experience with this turbo on one of these engines?
    I wish. DO it and report with lots of pics and video!

My Cars
    84 e30
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    I wish. DO it and report with lots of pics and video!

Well, I picked up the turbo today. I'll post a few photos of it later on.

www.performancebyie.com

My Cars
    Twin turbo LS E36 M3
    o man, this is gonna be good!
    328i Sedan Twin s366's, 6.0LS, TH400, MS3 Ultimate
    9.20 at 150 on 22psi

My Cars
    84 e30

And here you go, a shiny new EFR 7670 with an IE DV cover. I was surprised that I got one of the nicer investment cast turbine housings instead of the sand cast ones. If I have time to, I will get started on installing it this weekend. Just ordered the external wastegate blockoff plate and should have the rest of the stuff I need to install at the shop.

The only issue I think I'll have is coolant plumbing. My head only has two ports, which are both being used for coolant temp sensors (one for ECU, one for gauge cluster). Not sure what I'll do to feed the coolant, but I'm thinking I'll just drill and tap a hole in the head. I'll return to the port on the back of the block.

Cassidy

www.performancebyie.com

My Cars
    84 e30
    Well... it fits. I am going to have to shorten up the downpipe and swap the flange on it to make it fit. I will also have to modify the wastegate actuator to make it fit. Hoping to squeeze it in sometime this week and get it together next weekend.

www.performancebyie.com

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe

My Cars
    m1
    Nice! That VR6 engine in your original post is blowning my mind. That thing must have a wacky looking crankshaft.
    Last edited by xcvnxf; 03-05-2015 at 11:20 AM.

My Cars
    2003 330i ZHP
    Did you ever get this thing dialed in?

My Cars
    M3
    Bump

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Just went through this thread. This thing is awesome. Great numbers. Must be a blast to drive this.

PTE6262 .63 A/R, Stock S52, Cutring/Copper Spacer/Arp Studs Combo, Water Methanol Injected
    10.9@131mph. #AngerMotorsports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456