Thread: Do NOT ship through ShipNEX xpost from wheels/tires

My Cars
    95 540/6

Do NOT ship through ShipNEX xpost from wheels/tires

So upon the good reviews of this thread I tried using ShipNEX.

I will admit they were about 30% cheaper than any other shipper. I packaged my wheels/tires just like it was shown above, spoke with the UPS delivery driver when he picked them up, and verified that the way they were packaged was indeed acceptable and would not constitute any type of repackaging, handling charges etc.

I also overbilled myself by 10-15% on each measurement (H x L x W) and an extra 15% on the weight so I would not run into any COD billing for the recipient or backcharges on my end.

More than 2 weeks after UPS delivered to the recipient I got an e-mail Friday night from ShipNEX saying I owed roughly 25% of the shipping cost again. When I disputed the charge I got a form email response saying it was packaged improperly and then ignored. Monday I got an actual letter saying it was a fuel surcharge and not a packaging mistake.

Tuesday (today) they emailed me to say they autodrafted money from the card I used under their Terms/Conditions that I had not been in contact with them to dispute it.

When I called them on the phone I was told that it is automated and that if I don't dispute it will automatically charge the card unless a billing agent puts a hold on the charge. When I said I specifically stated that I disputes the charge Friday I was told to forward the email to their "billing email" which had already been CC'ed the since Friday but supposedly they had no copies of anything from me.

So to sum up they waited 2 weeks to bill me on a bogus charge they couldn't even keep straight between them and within 24 hours of receiving an actual paper invoice (dated 11 days ago btw) they take it upon themselves to take their money regardless of whether or not you actually did dispute the charge.

Would not use again and would not recommend them.

My Cars
    1992 525i and 1995 525i
    Call the CC company and reverse the charge. Done and done.

I only ship UPS or Fedex for this reason. I'd rather pay upfront and know who I am dealing with than not.

My Cars
    95 540/6
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Call the CC company and reverse the charge. Done and done.

I only ship UPS or Fedex for this reason. I'd rather pay upfront and know who I am dealing with than not.
    That's the plan, just didn't want anyone else running into this ridiculousness without fair warning of their excellent business practices

My Cars
    530/5,e12,3.0cs,UZJ100
    Sketchy. They shouldn't be able to take additional monies after the initial transaction was completed. That actually seems like it's against the law.

This just in: service customers that pay via credit card over the phone will be charged additional shop supplies once you've paid and picked up your vehicle.. We'll just run your credit card that we have on file AGAIN!

Follow?
    Last edited by e34Croak; 08-28-2012 at 05:01 PM.

My Cars
    Ill add some help, I find FedEx is 9/10 cheaper to ship wheels with than UPS. FedEx also automatically insures each package for $500, UPS only gives you $100 to start and $x.xx for every extra hundred you add to it.