Thread: passenger side mirror not working

My Cars
    E34 525i,E39 525i(01)

passenger side mirror not working

My E46 yr 2004 side mirror didn't work since I bought 6 moths ago, it doesn't tilt on reverse and i cannot adjust it from the driver side control switch and nothing happen when i pressed either of the memory button while the driver side mirror works perfectly.
    I hv removed the switch and tested with multimeter and didn't find any defect ( simple design), I hv removed the passenger side mirror from the panel and found that the wire ribbon was broken at 2 places, there is also a control module in the mirror itself!, I can't b sure if the module still works but i tested the motors and both works.
    I managed to solder the broken part of the plastic wire ribbon and checked that all connection is now intact.
    NOW i have the tilt on reverse function but it doesn't go back to the same position, i still cannot control from the driver side control switch (tested d switch), when i pressed the memory button the mirror works but it continue to moved into the inner position and now I have to adjust the mirror manually each time after reverse tilt
    I will update again if I found the solution.

My Cars
    '05 330i ZHP, '04 325i
    May want to look into replacing the module in the passenger side mirror. This is a somewhat common problem, particularly on the newer model E46's for some reason. They're about $25 including shipping on eBay.
    *** Former BMW master technician and custom tuner. Still maintain garage space at my house to work on customers' cars and can run full dealer-level diagnostics and programming for all model years through 2012 if you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. PM me.
    * Looking for a clean 2005-2006 M3, 6-speed manual, in Imola Red. PM me if you know of one for sale.

My Cars
    E34 525i,E39 525i(01)
    Thanks but i can't find it in ebay, appreciate if u can guide me to d link, this is the view after dismantle

My Cars
    2017 BMW 430i Xdrive

Similar problem with Reverse tilt

Reverse tilt not working after 3 yrs... All else seems OK, any suggestions?

My Cars
    '05 330i ZHP, '04 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman44 View Post
    Reverse tilt not working after 3 yrs... All else seems OK, any suggestions?
    Do you have the mirror adjust selector switch turned to driver's side or passenger side? If it's on passenger side, the mirror will not tilt down in reverse. This may seem like a stupid question but you'd be surprised how many people don't know this and always leave their selector switch set to the passenger side.
    *** Former BMW master technician and custom tuner. Still maintain garage space at my house to work on customers' cars and can run full dealer-level diagnostics and programming for all model years through 2012 if you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. PM me.
    * Looking for a clean 2005-2006 M3, 6-speed manual, in Imola Red. PM me if you know of one for sale.

My Cars
    E34 525i,E39 525i(01)
    Better b late than never.. found the solution!, I have since change the passenger side mirror & the switch but didn't bother to check the driver side mirror as it was working fine & previous owner said he had replaced it before car was sold to me.. it turns out that the ribbon in the driver side mirror is broken, solder it back and everything is back to normal, seems that broken circuit at driver side affect passenger side mirror.