Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Desperate for Help - Audio Gargled through Aux Input!

My Cars
    07 328i Convertible MT (July), 89 Nissan S13

Desperate for Help - Audio Gargled through Aux Input!

Let me preface this by saying that if you can solve my problem I will Paypal you $20 right now--seriously. Ok so I have a Sirius Sattelite Radio externally hooked up to my 2007 328i convertible. Its connected via the Auxillary Input. Everything has been working fine for about a year and then all of a sudden now the audio comes through gargled/unhearable. Seems like it should be an obvious problem right? Either my satellite unit is screwed up or the cable is screwed up or my aux. input is screwed up. Problem is I checked ALL of them and everythings fine!

I tried hooking up my satellite radio unit to two other cars and it works perfectly fine. So it cant be the unit.

I tried buying all new cables and hooking them up to my unit in the bmw and it still wont work. So it cant be any of the cables (aux. cable, cigarrette lighter adapter (yes i tried both cig lighters), & antenna cable--they all check out fine).

I then tried connecting my cell phone to the auxilary input and it comes through perfect through the speakers so it cant be my car or the aux. input!!

So unless im missing something painfully obvious I am completely at a loss for what the problem could be. Oh also if I play the Satellite Radio through the FM Receiver option it sounds fine. The gargled feedback only happen when I try to hook it up to the auxillary port. HELP PLEASE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 328droptop
    Let me preface this by saying that if you can solve my problem I will Paypal you $20 right now--seriously. Ok so I have a Sirius Sattelite Radio externally hooked up to my 2007 328i convertible. Its connected via the Auxillary Input. Everything has been working fine for about a year and then all of a sudden now the audio comes through gargled/unhearable. Seems like it should be an obvious problem right? Either my satellite unit is screwed up or the cable is screwed up or my aux. input is screwed up. Problem is I checked ALL of them and everythings fine!

I tried hooking up my satellite radio unit to two other cars and it works perfectly fine. So it cant be the unit.

I tried buying all new cables and hooking them up to my unit in the bmw and it still wont work. So it cant be any of the cables (aux. cable, cigarrette lighter adapter (yes i tried both cig lighters), & antenna cable--they all check out fine).

I then tried connecting my cell phone to the auxilary input and it comes through perfect through the speakers so it cant be my car or the aux. input!!

So unless im missing something painfully obvious I am completely at a loss for what the problem could be. Oh also if I play the Satellite Radio through the FM Receiver option it sounds fine. The gargled feedback only happen when I try to hook it up to the auxillary port. HELP PLEASE!!!!
    I had the same problem with my sat. radio and aux input. Turns out it was an electrical interference between the sat. radio and the aux input. I dont know how to fix the problem but i just put in a new head unit..

My Cars
    AudioSnob
    Quote Originally Posted by 328droptop View Post
    The gargled feedback only happen when I try to hook it up to the auxillary port. HELP PLEASE!!!!
    The best help I can give is, "Don't use big words if you don't know the meaning."

gargled = what you should have done with mouthwash this morning.

garbled =
    tr.v. gar·bled, gar·bling, gar·bles 1. To mix up or distort to such an extent as to make misleading or incomprehensible: She garbled all the historical facts.
    2. To scramble (a signal or message), as by erroneous encoding or faulty transmission.
    3. Archaic To sort out; cull.

n. The act or an instance of garbling.

>^..^<
    If money is the root of all evil ...why do churches beg for it?

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference

An armed man is a citizen ...an unarmed man is a subject.

My Cars
    1999bmw m3 vert
    Did you try swapping the car dock from another vehicle? If the actual unit is good and so are the cables its kinda the only other possibility.