Thread: Test score

My Cars
    Honda prelude

Test score

Any step guys willing to post up their ctg and step entrance exam scores? I'm trying to get an idea of what the average scores are to be accepted. I know it's an accumulation of grades, attendance, and work experience. But it seems like those two exams are the deciding factor.

thanks guys.
    Last edited by Foose; 02-09-2012 at 06:29 PM.

My Cars
    04 ZHP Vert, '75 R60/6
    I wouldn't focus that much on the actual score. Some people are just bad at written tests and they know that. It's not like we answer multiple choice questions in the field. I know I barely passed one of them but it's been too long to remember scores. Good luck.

My Cars
    1987 RX7 2+2
    the entrance exams are more or less to find out if you can be left alone with a wrench and not strangle yourself. Don't fret, but do your best
    Fast Track '09
    NJ S.T.E.P
    . 35 - the cake is a lie

What do you call a BMW on a flatbed?
    -Maintenance interval.

Zoom - Zoom
    Forever

My Cars
    m3, 318is, chevelle, m3
    I've posted this previously... hope this helps

i asked for the number of questions by area and they sent me this.... hope it helps (as you can see... engine performanceand electrical have the most questions)

BMW STEP EXAMINATION TEST PROFILE
    102 QUESTIONS
    SECTION 1 8 QUESTIONS
    ENGINE REPAIR Course 1

SECTION 2 8 QUESTIONS
    AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS Course 9

SECTION 3 10 QUESTIONS
    MANUAL DRIVE TRAINS / AXLES Course 6

SECTION 4 8 QUESTIONS
    SUSPENSION & STEERING Course 28

SECTION 5 8 QUESTIONS
    BRAKES Course 7

SECTION 6 17 QUESTIONS
    ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS Course 17,22 & 36

SECTION 7 8 QUESTIONS
    AIR CONDITIONING Course 8

SECTION 8 25 QUESTIONS
    ENGINE PERFORMANCE Course 26

SECTION 9
    ADVANCED ENGINE PERFORMANCE / EMISSIONS 10 QUESTIONS
    Course 4 & 5
    Last edited by skippy918; 02-09-2012 at 09:16 PM.

My Cars
    '86 535i, Isuzu Stylus
    i completely forgot what my score was on that test. i know it was above average but i don't think by a whole lot. my gpa was 4.0 and my attendance 99.93 or something. i had 2 years prior mechanic experience.

the interviews are more important though. a friend of mine had amazing test scores, but didn't even get past the phone interview. he was a great guy and pretty dedicated, i'm was frankly surprised that he didn't make it past that stage. i actually applied to mercedes, and didn't get in b/c of my driving record. then i was actually rejected from bmw step after the person interview (with the tv screen), reason cited being that my location choices were too narrow. i convinced him to give me another chance, and got in the second time. you just gotta be persistent and always find out all your options before passing something off as failed.
    Last edited by Aamir bt; 02-10-2012 at 12:36 AM.

My Cars
    03 525it
    I think I got like a 68-72 on the bmw exam, and they told me that was "high" I got a 93 on the uti msat exam.

My Cars
    1991 Chevy C1500
    I got like a 77% or something. I don't know what average is for the CTG exam. They never told me how it compared to average. Like others said, don't worry too much about the testing. The interview is important. Im not saying don't worry at all about the testing, just don't overly stress about it.

My Cars
    wrx
    ya, i got 75ish, and they said that was a very high score based on averages

My Cars
    N/A
    I'm pretty sure I scored close to 80% and I was told that was high compared to the average (which was 60 something). Just make sure you know your stuff and you wont have a problem with them.

My Cars
    fast M6, faster camaro
    i got a 100% on the CTG test (it was an online test i took at home... getting less would be bad) and got something like an 84% on the STEP test.... that was a tougher one.