Thread: pdc malfunction

My Cars
    2004 545I

pdc malfunction

Hi everyone just wondering i get pdc malfunction once in a while but now always stays on what can i do to correct this

My Cars
    2005 BMW 545i 6MT
    I was getting it as well just a few weeks ago, I had a loose connection in the trunk under the spare tire, and wax build up on one of the sensors. Haven't had it yet. The sensors should be giving off a very light clicking noise if they are good. If one of the sensors is not clicking, it is either a bad connection or a bad sensor.

My Cars
    640d, X1 X23d, 328i
    On the E60's there's a common problem of water sitting in the spare wheel well, which houses the PDC module. Change the module out for a new one, check the wiring to make sure there's no water ingress.

My Cars
    i35, Lincoln LS, 550i
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonSingh View Post
    On the E60's there's a common problem of water sitting in the spare wheel well, which houses the PDC module. Change the module out for a new one, check the wiring to make sure there's no water ingress.

I'm REALLY hoping you can help me. I haven't been able to find much info on any other forum...

I had the PDC & MDP floating in water. I dried everything out and the PDC & all my other iDrive struff worked for the rest of the day.

IThe next day the PDC stopped working. No surpruise, it was in water. I got a new one from here http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/p...209145158.html and installed it. Still no PDC (Message comes up, no message receieved from PDC. Please take to BMW dealer" and PDC green light blinks)

I disonnected the battery overnight, and checked the fuse this morning. Still not working.

How, exactly, might I test the cables for water ingress? Isn't there a relay for this system as well? Any idea where it's located, and if it's servicable?

My Cars
    2005 545i Sport
    Hi Morbo,

Did you get your PDC issue fixed? If so what was it? I just found mine sitting in water along with my MPM module for my IDrive display. The MPM module started to melt and blew 3 fuses but no wires melted.

Thanks
    Bobby

My Cars
    BMW E30
    Same here, I got this after ncs coding ;(

My Cars
    BMW

Auto PDF mulfuction warning

Quote Originally Posted by hav mrcy View Post
    Hi everyone just wondering i get pdc malfunction once in a while but now always stays on what can i do to correct this
    Why it happened should I fix it myself