BAVToys

Thread: DDM HID Kit - Error eliminators?

My Cars
    quattro

DDM HID Kit - Error eliminators?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase a HID Kit from DDM, I was wondering if I need to buy the error eliminator kit also, I will be installing it in my 95 M3 (already has projector headlights, just not sure what brand)

Thanks,
    GWerks

My Cars
    BMW M3 - Dodge Ram - GSX
    have you done research on ddSCAM?
    they are probably the worst vendor there ever was and i suggest you buy a quality kit unless you insist on cheap chinese made garbage for your german car..
    2002 BMW M3 Convertible - Imola Red

2005 Ram 1500 HEMI Laramie AWD

1997 BMW M3

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6, 16 M3/6
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ImolaM3 View Post
    they are probably the worst vendor there ever was and i suggest you buy a quality kit unless you insist on cheap chinese made garbage for your german car..
    i've never had problems with DDM, bought a front bumper one time, hid kit another time, and hid bulbs and BMW parts another time and all worked out well. the BMW parts took about 2 weeks to ship though but came in.

i bought the hid kit for my foglights and i havent had a problem with them the last 4 years.

My Cars
    93 740i, 84 533i
    OP. I got the error eliminators from DDM and ended up not needing them.

My DDMs have worked great so far.
    Black on Black 740i - 10/92 build date, 225,000 miles.
    Delphin on Cherry 533i - 4/84 build date, 136,000 miles
    Black on Black 328i - 3/96 build date, 185,000 miles - Sold
    2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS

My Cars
    Nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by 02ImolaM3 View Post
    Care to share your crappy experience or are you just saying they suck without firsthand knowledge? If it's the latter, troll off....

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    Actually, I got the DDM cancelers and they still threw a code. I then purchased the ones from TRS and no more codes.

My Cars
    '01 330Ci
    I got mine from DDM. No issues. Get the DDM or elsewhere...chances are you may need them. My $.02
    "It takes character to withstand the rigors of ignorance."

My Cars
    '98 M3 2/5
    I tried the Morimoto Can-bus eliminators from TRS and still had code. Simply returned them and I tolerate error code.

My Cars
    97 M3 & 13 Rav4
    Don't waste your money. With some E36's once you get the code there's no getting rid of it, even when going back to halogens (happened to me as well). I did this and it worked perfectly and it's easily reversible.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=203520

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i Sedan
    Hey OP,

I got the DDM error correcters and they still threw the code. I keep them on but for the most part they don't do anything. I've read that they are hit or miss. I am wondering, since Marketmaster replaced them with the TRS and it took care of the problem, if I should do that as well. Ultimately, I've been learning to live with the code and it's quickly becoming one of the many annoyances with my car as of late.

For those with angel eyes, where do you mount them so that they will eventually come on during the cold winters? Mine take for ever and some nights don't even come on at all.