My Cars
    2004 x5 e53 3.0d

BMW X5 Problems (abs, dsc lights, can't turn sometimes)

Hey guys I've had this problem for quite a while and have had it diagnosed at a BMW dealership twice already and all they said is that it's either the transfer case motor, control unit or abs module. Before spending a couple thousand on those parts I wanna see if anyone here may know the solution.

The abs, brake and dsc brake lights are lit on the dash. When doing fairly sharp turns the car will just stop and can't keep going until steering is straightened. I've so far replaced the transfer case motor and both wheel speed sensors.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

My Cars
    01 525i, 02 R6, 85 735i
    Abs module. Possible wheel speed sensors or Abs sensors.

Edit: sorry didn't see you did wheel speed sensors. I don't know much about the control unit but I've heard Abs module doing similar stuff
    Last edited by 02 330xi 10 128; 12-30-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2001 BMW 525i 177k Autotragic - Ride for the girl
    2002 Yamaha R6 - COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD
    1985 BMW 735i - Daily

My Cars
    2004 x5 e53 3.0d
    I've considered that but after reading a few other threads people have been saying that also their speedometer has been playing up because their abs module is shot. If my speedometer is fine, does that rule out the abs module?

thanks so far

My Cars
    2004 x5 e53 3.0d
    bump, tackling this problem for way too long

My Cars
    2002 BMW X5
    First things first : was this car ever in a accident ?
    was the transfer case replaced with a new one ?
    what was the diagnostic report from BMW saying?

My Cars
    2008 BMW X5
    Quote Originally Posted by b0k1 View Post
    bump, tackling this problem for way too long
    Hi B0k1, did you fix your problem? I am having the same problem; I already replaced the transfer case actuator motor on my BMW X5 but lights are still on. The shop told me to replace the VTG Transfer Case Control module first. And if this does no fix the problem, then change ABS Control module. Which one you replaced to fix the problem? Does this require to do programming to the module replaced?

Thanks.

My Cars
    E36M3TURBO,E82135i,F15X5
    I believe clockspring works with these systems. Possibility?

My Cars
    2010 BMW X5 4.8i
    Did you ever find out the issue with this? We have a 2010 BMW X5 4.8i with 70k. We took it to the dealership to have the oil changed and they recommended a brake flush. When we picked up the vehicle, they stated they had checked the battery and it was fine, however within 24 hours of picking up the vehicle the AWD and DSC error appeared. It happens when the car is coming to a stop, or is stopped, vehicle turns off. You can start it again, but it intermittently repeats. Usually at a stop.
    Returned to the dealership. They stated a new battery was needed. Did this ($700). Same error. All sensors were tested (6 hours job) nothing came up. They then suggested new tires ($1800) as they felt the tires were off 1/4" off. - Um NO.
    We had the vehicle picked up and taken to a European Shop, we have been working with the owner. He performed updates to the modules. Still nothing. (don't know why the dealership didn't do this). Replaced the Transfer Case. Nothing. We are at a loss. I am wondering if anyone has had this issue? One last ditch effort is to re-flush the brakes in hopes that there was a mistake made with the original flush (as this error comes on usually when you are on the brakes) The only other option would be to replace the steering angle sensor to the tune of $1200.

Any advice would SO appreciated!