Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New car

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Same flares I had when I came down and drifted with you guys last year.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    I have no idea what i'm doing.

My Cars
    95 bmw 325is
    yeah dude! tubing the whole front?

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Started working on the bashbars. I don't have a notcher so I found a site online where you can input angles and sizes and it will print out a template to put on the tubes and went to town with the angle grinder. Fitment was pretty good for never doing this before. The site is http://cobratorch.net/ttn_dxf/ Ended up catching a cold so I stopped working. Hoping I feel better by the weekend so I can get the bash bars done soon.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Front is almost done, just need to add the tubing to go between the bottom bar and frame rail. Then time to start on the rear.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Finished the rear bar this afternoon.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Got the front bashbar and radiator mounts finished, started on the wiring harness. Wiring is 90% done. Just need to hook up the rest of the gauges and lights. I also got my firesuit in the mail a couple days ago.

I got ole girl to start. I want to thank MikeE36 for his help getting the wiring sorted out.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...64999757307279

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Going for an alignment tomorrow, got the car ready so of course I did a celebratory driveway burnout.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Went drifting Saturday and Wednesday. My headgasket finally decided to go out completely. Going to be pulling the head this weekend, but wanted to post up some pictures.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    i h8 u cali

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Pulled the head off a couple weeks ago and it was cracked. Got it back together and hit a couple more events. A couple small things to fix and i'll try my luck at Golden Gate Drift rd2 next weekend.

Last edited by magicninja; 04-12-2014 at 01:17 AM.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Golden Gate was fun for exactly one hour until 2nd gear blew up 4 runs into practice.

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Quote Originally Posted by magicninja View Post
    Golden Gate was fun for exactly one hour until 2nd gear blew up 4 runs into practice.
    Getrag? Or zf? Those days suck.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Getrag.

My Cars
    bmw e36 328i 4dr saloon
    Nice! Looks menacing I like it
    1996 328i (m52B28US) OBD1 euro ZF 5spd. 3.23LSD conversion / Chem. PnP Head/ DINAN stg.2 CHIP/ VAC race valves/ S52 cams/ A/C delete/ fan delete/ Washer Fluid resv delete/ ARP head studs/ Cometic 140MLS / VAC Solid Engine/trans Mounts/ CAI / 2.5"Borla race exahaust/ NGK R spark plugs, M50 Mani, S50 Oil Res, Riot Racing HFTB, SAMCO Hoses, JBR FW, X-Brace, Mtech Front Bumper, RE RSMs, stoptech SS lines, Bilstein sports, H&R Race Springs, S52 Reinforcement plates, Kosei K1 w/ bridgestone RE960as, Brembo/stoptech slotted rotors, M3 Trailing arms, M3 Calipers, M3 Axles, ACS strut brace, weight reduction.

http://mbuild.blogspot.com/

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Videos from last weekend. First one is a couple practice runs. Second is my 2 qualifying runs and tandem battle with an s54 e30.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Its been awhile since i've updated the thread. I haven't been driving much since my m50 decided to lose a main bearing back in June. I thought about doing a JZ or LS swap but ended up finding a full s52 swap for a decent price. Car now has an obd1 52 with a 3.5" MAF and m50 manifold. I've been able to drive the car twice since getting it done and it feels a whole lot better than the quarter million mile m50. I also got around to molding in the hood vent and getting some 5x114 adapters to run cheaper wheels in the rear. Heading down to All Star Bash in a couple weeks and driving with the beam team boys for team tandem.

My Cars
    1995 325i sedan
    Car has come a long way dude! quick question about the wiring on the passenger side, did you end up relocating the modules under the drivers sides or under the dash? or if you did remove them completely could you give some details how you went about removing the modules/misc. crap wiring?

Thanks

My Cars
    1997 E36 Sedan/Coupe
    ^This.

Wanna know too.
    Thinking about swapping my Sedan's M52 into my 318i pre-vanos/obd Coupe.

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    I should probably update this.

For the wiring and modules, the only part of the stock chassis harness i kept was the lights. All the modules under the dash have been removed.

Spent alot of time driving the car the last couple months.

Sonoma drift had their winterjam comp on the old fd layout at sonoma. Sunday they held a tandem comp but I ended up screwing up both qualifying runs and got double 0s. Here is one of my practice runs.

Last month I headed up to Thunder Hill for the Drift Cave series. Saturday was practice and Sunday had 2 different comps. My buddy Dom drives a 300zx and we ended up winning the team tandem mini comp. After they announced we won they let us know we had to battle each other for the prize. He ended up spinning on his follow run so I won a $200 Lucas Oil product certificate. First time I had ever won anything in drifting so I was pretty stoked.

Practice run from Saturday. The kid in the s14 is only 12 years old, but holds his own with grown ass men.

Heres our final run of team tandem.

The last part of the day was their single run competition. Ended up placing second.

This past weekend was Golden Gate Drift round1. It was the same layout as the Winterjam comp(Sonoma FD). Was still kinda butthurt about screwing up my qualifying runs at Winterjam so my goal was to atleast qualify. Ended up getting ran into in practice but the car was fine. Ended up qualifying 8th. Went OMT on my first battle but went to downshift from 3rd to 2nd on my 2nd follow run and went into 4th. In the video you can hear me clutch kick a couple times to try and save it but it didnt help. Straightened up and knew my day was done. Round 2 is is 6 weeks at Stockton99.
    Top 16

Heres a video of my 2nd follow run from top 16.

Last edited by magicninja; 02-05-2015 at 11:05 PM.

My Cars
    Slow e36
    awesome job broski... also, please get a proper paint job on your car haha

My Cars
    94 325i, 94 yota pickup
    Ended up popping a headgasket 3 days before round 2 of Golden Gate. Decided to tear the head off Saturday morning and slapped a new gasket on with ARP studs to try to get the car ready. Ended up finishing early Sunday with 0 sleep and headed out to the track. Car was way underpowered, idled at 1500 rpm and wouldn't rev past 5500 rpm under load. Spent most of practice trying to figure out what was wrong with the car. Unplugged the MAF and the car would barely idle, but revved out to redline. Got about 5 practice runs before qualifying and put the car into the wall pretty hard. I was lucky enough to not damage and suspension and the car still drove straight. Ended up qualifying 15th and lost in my top 16 battle. Got the car back to the shop and swapped the MAF and idle air control valve and the car has been running fine ever since.

After a dissapointing rd2 at GGD I decided to head down to TopDrift rd1. Ended up qualifying 5th out of about 60 drive with my pretty much stock S52. Won my top16 battle and went into top8 against eric hill. I ran out of tires so I had to borrow some wheels from Tyler(djtyfighter) for my top 8 battle. I tapped the wall on my lead run and had a slight bobble but stayed in drift. Went OMT and lost and was stoked since that was the best i'd ever done in a comp. Heading back down to socal for rd on the 23rd/24th of this month.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345