Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M62 +transmission DINAN software need opinions

My Cars
    97 840ci, 95 840ci, E92
    Best resorce for finding 3.15 LSD?

My Cars
    Cool Volvo, Ugly BMW
    Craigslist or ebay. Talk down the shipping on ebay to $50. Had worked for me. Around $500 shipped. You need a large case diff. Covers will be swapped along with output flange.
    What "thumbs up" really means

My Cars
    1997 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    The Dinan engine and transmission software in conjunction with their CAI made my 540i M62 feel more responsive. Is it worth $1500? The transmission software - yes, the engine software, maybe. I might go with a more aggressive engine management software like this:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-50...ance-chip.aspx
    So, whats the software like in normal driving? Does it feel like sport mode all the time? and then when u actually put it in sport mode then what does that feel like compared to stock?
    Electric Fan conversion, 840Ci thermostat, Dinan style CAI,de-screened MAF, Dinan transmission chip, 255lph LS1 fuel pump, drilled slotted rotors, 3.15 differential, Bel rx65 radar (hard-wired). Hemi Killer!

My Cars
    1997 840ci
    Quote Originally Posted by ninetyseven1 View Post
    So, whats the software like in normal driving? Does it feel like sport mode all the time? and then when u actually put it in sport mode then what does that feel like compared to stock?
    It's pretty tame around town. I *think* (and this is trying to remember from 15 years ago) that once the Dinan software detects the throttle opening quickly, it immediately downshifts to the lowest available gear without waiting for the kickdown button to get pressed. So if you stab the pedal quickly, the transmission will respond immediately instead of thinking regardless of what the kickdown button says. I think they also turned off the adaptive transmission feature - or at least they had on my version of the software.

My 540i was a 5HP24 but it didn't have the +/- shift gate. For me sport mode meant putting it in the 3 position, and I think it just ran the same profile as in D w/the Dinan software. The Dinan software DOES maintain the factory settings of starting out in 2nd gear while in D and 1st gear when in sport mode.

My Cars
    1997 540i
    So your saying putting my car in sport mode now and driving it around will be similar as having the dinan software with the shifter in Drive ?
    Electric Fan conversion, 840Ci thermostat, Dinan style CAI,de-screened MAF, Dinan transmission chip, 255lph LS1 fuel pump, drilled slotted rotors, 3.15 differential, Bel rx65 radar (hard-wired). Hemi Killer!

My Cars
    1997 840ci
    I think they also did something with how quickly the solenoids cause the transmission to shift during sportier driving. It's a lot more aggressive/ sensitive in sport mode. Maybe a call to Dinan would help clarify.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12