Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rear deck retrim

My Cars
    BMW 850
    I finally re-upholstered my rear shelf. I went with perforated Leather. I am "real time researching" if leather will withstand the sun any better than the fabric did. Plus the leather looks amazing.

My Cars
    M70 6sp. 540iT, 535is
    Quote Originally Posted by thelongeride View Post
    I finally re-upholstered my rear shelf. I went with perforated Leather. I am "real time researching" if leather will withstand the sun any better than the fabric did. Plus the leather looks amazing.
    Any pics!?

My Cars
    E31, E36/7, E61

Yes sounds nice, pics.

Umm... Alcantara arrived and I may have a battle on my hands with this, virtually no stretch, we will see, pics if successful.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Quote Originally Posted by e31gixxxer View Post
    Yes sounds nice, pics.

Umm... Alcantara arrived and I may have a battle on my hands with this, virtually no stretch, we will see, pics if successful.

back dash pictures are a challenge...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    6.5 second 69 Camaro
    Just wanted to ad that this is the best time for window tinting or speaker upgrades,) Much easier and cleaner with it out.

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Looks amazing. You guys have to stop with the incredible upgrades! My to do list is getting way too long.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    M70 6sp. 540iT, 535is
    Wow!! Amazing!! Hm.. Very interesting, did anyone tried the roof lining with leather material!?

My Cars
    E31, E36/7, E61

That looks well, is there any backing on the leather?

Just wanted to ad that this is the best time for window tinting or speaker upgrades,) Much easier and cleaner with it out.

+1 I had to open the steel up to accommodate the larger speakers I grafted in to the original pods, when I upgraded a while back. Rear screen coming out on Monday, wish me luck, I got this new a few years ago and was never happy with the installation done by the body shop I DON'T USE ANY MORE, but that's another story.
    Last edited by e31gixxxer; 03-01-2015 at 06:44 AM.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Yes...There is a backing under the leather on the shelf. I did ask the upholstery shop, that came highly recommended, about leather headliner. The shop owner advised against it. The thickness at the sunroof, among other things, would be issues. He recommended purferated Alcantara for headliner and purferated leather for back shelf. The leather may withstand sun fade.

My Cars
    1997 840Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by e31gixxxer View Post
    Alcantara arrived and I may have a battle on my hands with this, virtually no stretch, we will see, pics if successful.
    I have just received 2metres from JPM bodyworks for pillars, sunroof & headlining. Still deciding on backing materials. I think glued straight on the sunroof panel for no clearance issues. Not sure about the pillars & roof.

My Cars
    not enough
    great job on the rear parcel shelf in leather! Do you recall what thickness material you used?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12