Thread: PICS with 19s...wheel specs please

My Cars
    E39 M5: E36 M3:07' CBR1k

PICS with 19s...wheel specs please

just purchased an 02' 525i and have a set of 19inch HREs sitting in the garage...need to know specs for nice wheel fitment on the e39s so i can have an idea on what to do as far as re-spec my wheels. thanks
    They are advising me to run 19x9 et24 and 19x10 et23. let me know what you guys think
    A tasteful sight

My Cars
    just germans
    who is advising you to run those specs ? HRE ??

Could you tell us the current specs and your wheels ?? Also, do you want to run the lowest offset possible for a more flush look or are you more concerned on running the widest rubber possible ... do you already have tires for these HRE ?? Are you planing on doing a moderate drop or slamming it ???

These are important things to know before deciding on offsets and things like that... congrats on the new car!!

btw, I love HREs ... which model do you have ?? I have 19" 540Rs myself (not on the e39 though)
    2001 BMW 540i E39
    Lots of mods and more to come...

under construcion
    ... http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1204241
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTempoLimit View Post
    so I have "Master's Degree in Tail Happy", with a minor in "spinning out and somehow not hitting anything".

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    The wheels need to have a 74.1mm center bore.

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3 / '88 VW GTi
    the lower the offset, the better.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by OJwerks View Post
    who is advising you to run those specs ? HRE ??

Could you tell us the current specs and your wheels ?? Also, do you want to run the lowest offset possible for a more flush look or are you more concerned on running the widest rubber possible ... do you already have tires for these HRE ?? Are you planing on doing a moderate drop or slamming it ???

These are important things to know before deciding on offsets and things like that... congrats on the new car!!

btw, I love HREs ... which model do you have ?? I have 19" 540Rs myself (not on the e39 though)
    HRE is recommending the 19x9 and 19x10 setup...they currently are 19x8 et37 19x9 et45 for e36s...i want it to be almost flush but not where i have to run a stretch tire to make it fit with coilovers (moderate drop). Ill leave the stretch to the M3, just trying to make this e39 a clean DD. probably run a 245 up front and 265/275 on rear. thanks

i love the questions....but lets see some e39s with great fitment please
    Last edited by slammedm3sedan; 12-08-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A tasteful sight

My Cars
    02 m5, cbr 929rr
    a 19x8 front? and a 9 in the rear? wtf? first off those numbers sound terrible. 37 and 45? shit my 8.5 / 9.5's were et15 and et20 and still could've been tucked way more.

here is a shot of said wheels.

My Cars
    S50B30 SCed
    Man they dont know what theyre talking about then... theyre giving you E36 offsets!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    99 Dinan 540
    19x8.5 et15, 245/35/19
    19x9.5 et20, 275/30/19

no drop..could definitely use one though, especially in front.

1999 540i | Dinan 5 | SuperSprint Exhaust | Sports Package

My Cars
    540it belly rubber,e30aw
    see sig

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by btmlinedan View Post
    a 19x8 front? and a 9 in the rear? wtf? first off those numbers sound terrible. 37 and 45? shit my 8.5 / 9.5's were et15 and et20 and still could've been tucked way more.

here is a shot of said wheels.

come on guys...read the first post (that is what HRE recommends). the 19x8 and 19x9 setup is what is the original setup was for my e36, i was just answering the question i was quoting. lets get real here, knock off LMs...come on now read the first post 19x9 and 19x10 setup and give suggestions. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snosk8luke View Post
    see sig
    cant get info from sig...but the wagon is sick and that is exactly what im looking for....wheel spec and offsets. wicked Wagon!
    Last edited by slammedm3sedan; 12-08-2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A tasteful sight

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3 / '88 VW GTi
    Quote Originally Posted by slammedm3sedan View Post
    come on guys...read the first post (that is what HRE recommends). the 19x8 and 19x9 setup is what is the original setup was for my e36, i was just answering the question i was quoting. lets get real here, knock off LMs...come on now read the first post 19x9 and 19x10 setup and give suggestions. thanks

cant get info from sig...but the wagon is sick and that is exactly what im looking for....wheel spec and offsets. wicked Wagon!

If HRE is recommending you use mid 20's offset's for 8J and 9J, I'd call another company. That's definitely NOT the right offset for e39's. Actually, I'd choose any other wheel brand over HRE. Their like expensive rota's. My 9.5's have ET 21 and my 8.5's have ET 15. And that's with a concave face.
    Last edited by Fiziks; 12-08-2009 at 11:29 PM.

My Cars
    One of a kind
    Not the greatest but OK fitment...

Quote Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
    If HRE is recommending you use mid 20's offset's for 8J and 9J, I'd call another company. That's definitely NOT the right offset for e39's. Actually, I'd choose any other wheel brand over HRE. Their like expensive rota's. My 9.5's have ET 21 and my 8.5's have ET 15. And that's with a concave face.
    Your rear offset is kind os high.
    Last edited by PavelK313; 12-08-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
    ok, once again....read the first post...that is what HRE is recommending. THEY ARE NOT 19x8 and 19x9....please lets read guys. ur killin me here smalls!

Quote Originally Posted by PavelK313 View Post
    Not the greatest but OK fitment...

Your rear offset is kind os high.
    great fitment....wheel specs and tire sizes please. thanks
    Last edited by slammedm3sedan; 12-08-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A tasteful sight

My Cars
    One of a kind
    Quote Originally Posted by slammedm3sedan View Post

Dont try to bush on other's cars and then expect to get help back. Not everyone can afford or wants to buy HRE's! trying to make E36 wheels fit on E39? Lets get real here, too poor to buy new set of wheels? come on now...

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by PavelK313 View Post
    Dont try to bush on other's cars and then expect to get help back. Not everyone can afford or wants to buy HRE's! trying to make E36 wheels fit on E39? Lets get real here, too poor to buy new set of wheels? come on now...
    actually im being rational...im sending them off to HRE and they are replacing both rear inner barrels and lips and using the existing 2" lips for the fronts. 2" lips up front and 3.5" lips on rear. I just need ppl to read before they write wtf! and thats horrible offset, etc...u feel me? if they read in the first place, they would post pics up of their car with wheel specs and tire sizes...right? let me know if im wrong

but good one on the buying aspect of new wheels...wouldnt you just use the wheels in your garage to put on an extra car...would you not ask HRE for advice? and get them to rebuild them? just asking
    Last edited by slammedm3sedan; 12-08-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A tasteful sight

My Cars
    '08 LS460; '16 NX200t
    Just a thought, maybe sell your existing HRE wheels and then get another set made specifically for the E39. I think it's still going to cost quite a bit to have HRE modify your existing wheels

But, if you're set on having HRE "re-spec" the wheels....

1. Wheel hub bore needs to be the E39 specific 74.1mm (almost all other Bimmers have a 72.6mm hub)

2. For 19x9 fronts, generally you can run offsets ranging from +13mm to +20mm. Typical tire size would be 245/35-19. In my setup, my front wheels are 19x9 with +15mm offset, 245/35 tire and car is lowered on KW V2 coilovers. Sorry, i don't know exactly how much it has been lowered

3. For 19x10 rears, generally you can run offsets ranging from +22mm to +27mm. Typical tire size is 275/30, although some with lowered suspensions and maybe also running offsets closer to +20mm end go with a 265/30 tire size to avoid rubbing with the fender lip.
    My setup is 19x10 w/ +22mm offset and 275/30 tires. I installed M5 wheel liners as an ultra-precaution (maybe did not need), and also needed to roll my fender lips due to rubbing only in certain driving and load conditions.

Aftermarket lowering (especially with coilovers) brings a lot of variables into play with fitment as you are obviously cutting things closer clearance-wise with the fender lip and maybe even the wheel liner. At this point, things like tire brand and model could possibly make differences in clearances as some tire brands run wider than others in the same size. Also tire shoulder shape (rounded vs. squarish) can make a difference.

Hope this helps.... best of luck with whatever you choose to do
    2008 Lexus LS460
    2016 Lexus NX200t
    PUREVIP
    Island Elites - West Coast Elites
    Team Airrex
    ClubLexusHawaii
    2002 540iA Sport (SOLD)
    1998 M3/4 (SOLD)

My Cars
    just germans
    Quote Originally Posted by 98M3_4 View Post
    Just a thought, maybe sell your existing HRE wheels and then get another set made specifically for the E39. I think it's still going to cost quite a bit to have HRE modify your existing wheels

But, if you're set on having HRE "re-spec" the wheels....

1. Wheel hub bore needs to be the E39 specific 74.1mm (almost all other Bimmers have a 72.6mm hub)

2. For 19x9 fronts, generally you can run offsets ranging from +13mm to +20mm. Typical tire size would be 245/35-19. In my setup, my front wheels are 19x9 with +15mm offset, 245/35 tire and car is lowered on KW V2 coilovers. Sorry, i don't know exactly how much it has been lowered

3. For 19x10 rears, generally you can run offsets ranging from +22mm to +27mm. Typical tire size is 275/30, although some with lowered suspensions and maybe also running offsets closer to +20mm end go with a 265/30 tire size to avoid rubbing with the fender lip.
    My setup is 19x10 w/ +22mm offset and 275/30 tires. I installed M5 wheel liners as an ultra-precaution (maybe did not need), and also needed to roll my fender lips due to rubbing only in certain driving and load conditions.

Aftermarket lowering (especially with coilovers) brings a lot of variables into play with fitment as you are obviously cutting things closer clearance-wise with the fender lip and maybe even the wheel liner. At this point, things like tire brand and model could possibly make differences in clearances as some tire brands run wider than others in the same size. Also tire shoulder shape (rounded vs. squarish) can make a difference.

Hope this helps.... best of luck with whatever you choose to do
    +1 !

another solution is to just purchase a set of lips for the rear, and running spacers to bring the offset to spec on the E39... then your only left with having the hub machined to 74.1...
    Last edited by OJwerks; 12-09-2009 at 10:12 AM.
    2001 BMW 540i E39
    Lots of mods and more to come...

under construcion
    ... http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1204241
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTempoLimit View Post
    so I have "Master's Degree in Tail Happy", with a minor in "spinning out and somehow not hitting anything".