Thread: What did u do to your E39 today?

My Cars
    2003 BMW 540i ///MSport
    @ JimLev
    Hahaha!
    2003 540iA///MSport
    Mods:

///M5 Automatic Folding Mirrors,
    ///M5 Rear view Mirror(Thanks to LaLaRay),
    ///M-Tech 1 Dual stage steering wheel (Thanks to tmvE39E53Z32TT),
    Old Style "Wolf Whistle" Alarm Siren,
    E38 18-Way Contour Seats (Thanks to GSXRliterbikz),
    E53 x5 4.6 Sport Cluster (Thanks to GSXRliterbikz),
    E38 center armrest with iPhone 4 craddle (Thanks to GSXRliterbikz),
    Slotted & Drilled Rotors with Stainless Steel Brake Lines,
    19" M Parallel wheels
    (Thanks to DennisCooper)
    Brushed Titanium Trim Vynil Wrap

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Raised the suspension and put the stock 18" style 42s on in preparation to get the inspection done and clear the defect. It looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by keeslinger31 View Post
    We are the ones with bastardized language?
    You don't set things on the back of paper you write them, unless its on a table upside down then you can set whatever you want on it.
    "Set" has more than one definition. One such meaning is to establish. So, to set a time limit on the defect label as to how long I can drive the car is to establish the amount of time in which I have before I can no longer drive it legally. Seems pretty straight forward to me

AquilaBMW is offline Mad Bimmerist BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    BMWs / Chevy
    I drove mine 500 miles at a constant speed of 90 MPH +/-. It survived.

My Cars
    03 540i
    Its the whole paper not just the word set

Set out is just not the best wording
    Its one of many on that entire sticker that could be worded better. Don't mean to offend you but you did say Americans have a bastardized language it seems we aren't the only ones.

My Cars
    03 540i
    Tinted my windows

image-2264080718.jpg

My Cars
    97 328is cpe, 07 328xi
    Replaced Side Fender and installed Spec-D Halo projector lights

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Tinted my windows

image-2264080718.jpg
    Haha, you tinted an 03 sterling car the day after I un-tinted mine

My Cars
    03 540i
    Theres got to be a balance to the world

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Its the whole paper not just the word set

Its one of many on that entire sticker that could be worded better. Don't mean to offend you but you did say Americans have a bastardized language it seems we aren't the only ones.
    I'm not offended, I just disagree. I do not see anything wrong with it. I concede that it is not written in a concise or ordinary manner, but it is by no means incorrect. It's (technically) a legal document and needs to be written as such, in a narrow manner, in order to avoid misinterpretation. Perhaps I'm just used to reading things written in such a style as a law student, but it seems pretty clear to me

American English is bastardised. For example, you drop the "i" from aluminium, but not from millennium. You misuse the letter "z", when you should be using "s", and you refuse to use "u" and "o" in conjunction. It is very different from proper English.

My Cars
    z3
    Set out is not ideal for Americans, but maybe our equivalent expression would not be ideal to them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Aus View Post
    American English is bastardised. For example, you drop the "i" from aluminium, but not from millennium. You misuse the letter "z", when you should be using "s", and you refuse to use "u" and "o" in conjunction. It is very different from proper English.
    I agree with the first part of your post but you are instigating this stupid argument with this kind of statement. Language evolves, we evolved the language to suit our needs - saying OUR language is wrong is no different than us saying YOUR version of English is wrong or that the English spoken in Canada has been bastardized or in any other English-speaking country. There are always going to be differences in language, as a result of different dialects, different intonation and different grammar rules being prioritized not to mention as I said above, simple evolution of the language. There are tons of words that Americans have given to the English language that you guys use/ Our version of English is no worse than yours, saying its "bastardized" is explicitly implying that our version of the language is worse than yours. Its not worse, and British English is not better than either Australian or American English. They are all just different. Saying otherwise is ignorant, something I've never viewed you as being.

Please cut the stupid language discussion out, its just going to end up with (more) insults being thrown around and nothing productive could possibly come of it. The sticker was not proper per American English grammar rules, but he isnt in America, so who cares. Move on.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    03 540i
    I was just being defensive but I did tint my windows and in any language that qualifies as something I did to my e39 no matter how you translate

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Set out is not ideal for Americans, but maybe our equivalent expression would not be ideal to them...

I agree with the first part of your post but you are instigating this stupid argument with this kind of statement. Language evolves, we evolved the language to suit our needs - saying OUR language is wrong is no different than us saying YOUR version of English is wrong or that the English spoken in Canada has been bastardized or in any other English-speaking country. There are always going to be differences in language, as a result of different dialects, different intonation and different grammar rules being prioritized not to mention as I said above, simple evolution of the language. There are tons of words that Americans have given to the English language that you guys use/ Our version of English is no worse than yours, saying its "bastardized" is explicitly implying that our version of the language is worse than yours. Its not worse, and British English is not better than either Australian or American English. They are all just different. Saying otherwise is ignorant, something I've never viewed you as being.

Please cut the stupid language discussion out, its just going to end up with (more) insults being thrown around and nothing productive could possibly come of it. The sticker was not proper per American English grammar rules, but he isnt in America, so who cares. Move on.
    I wasn't trying to be a wanker and insult Americans. "Bastardised" was perhaps a poor choice of word and obviously, being online, it's hard to convey the tongue-in-cheek tone I intended my posts to have. To use an Aussie colloquialism, I was "taking the piss"

Enough with the language debate. I have done bugger all to my E39 today since it can't be driven and I won't have time to get it inspected until next week

My Cars
    2019 M850i - 2016 228i
    Broke another milestone
    Attached Images Attached Images

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Got the yearly state inspected done yesterday, bald rear tires passed.....they didn't look.

My Cars
    98 540 6, SC'ed, 16psi
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLev View Post
    Got the yearly state inspected done yesterday, bald rear tires passed.....they didn't look.
    You must have that special magic wand. They always snag worn tires here in Pa.
    98 540i 6, 525 whp, 120 mph 1/4, V3 Si S/C'er @16 psi, W/A I/C, Water/Meth, Supersprint Headers, HJS Cats, 3" Custom Exhaust, UUC Twin Disc, Wavetrac LSD, GC Coil Overs, Monoball TA, AEM FP, Aeromotive FPR, AEM Failsafe AFR/Boost, Style 65's w/275's, M5 Steering Box, Eibach Sways, M3 Shifter, Evans Coolant, 85 Deg Stat, PWM Fan, 10" Subs, B.A. speakers, Grom Aux/BT, Still Rolling as my DD!

My Cars
    03 540i
    He must have distracted them somehow

I put a new fan clutch in old one was toast stopped it with my finger though hesitantly (is that a word) I had one laying around.

Pulled the front bumper off as well to install the passenger side wheel well and my hai.
    Might attempt to fix the damaged corner on my bumper.

Also readjusted the fender and headlight so it fits correctly.

My Cars
    06/98 540i/6, E9
    Went to a bimmer cruise last sunday. Here's some editted footage from my GoPro in the 540.

My Cars
    03 540i

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Did you... vacuum some into your engine?

1997 M3 (SOLD) :o 2000 528i Sport (SOLD)

My Cars
    03 540i
    Nope just cant install my rain vacuum when its raining

My Cars
    z3
    I like how your CAI isn't clamped down... lol?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    03 540i
    Pulled the front bumper off as well to install the passenger side wheel well and my hai.
    Im sortof in the middle of installing it... But its raining. Thats why I said i cant install my rain vacuum while its raining

If you look closer theres several things not installed like the maf is unplugged the headlight bolts are missing and the plugs all unplugged.

I thought it was obvious what I was saying.
    guess not.

image-2491614727.jpg

I don't have the front bumper on the car either

My Cars
    03 540i
    image-40036274.jpg

Something tells me its not going to get finished today...

My Cars
    E39 M-Sport F30 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by axxessdenied View Post
    Went to a bimmer cruise last sunday. Here's some editted footage from my GoPro in the 540.

I too, don't signal...
    E39 WhatsApp Chat Gruppe

My Cars
    2016 X5 SDrive M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Aus View Post

I'd bet the Saxons would say the exact same thing about Australian or even modern British English.

Page 375 of 452 FirstFirst ... 275325350365366367368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384385400425 ... LastLast