Thread: What did u do to your E39 today?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    I would think so too. Maybe some of the monitors are not ready to pass the inspection yet. And then slapped on a sticker that says this car is hopeless! j/k

My Cars
    E39 M-Sport F30 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Aus View Post
    Got defected

Dat grammar doe...
    E39 WhatsApp Chat Gruppe

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by RuskiE39 View Post
    Dat grammar doe...
    I see nothing ...

My Cars
    z3
    In the US, that grammar is atrocious. But proper for their neck of the woods, where the women glow and the men plunder.

I do admit, I had to read through it a few times because I kept getting caught up in some of the grammar anomalies...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    03 540i
    Set out on the back haha what

My Cars
    E39 M-Sport F30 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    I see nothing ...
    "authorised," is not spelt with an s in the states.. Lol.
    E39 WhatsApp Chat Gruppe

My Cars
    02 bmw 540
    Daffy Duck wrote it !!

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by RuskiE39 View Post
    "authorised," is not spelt with an s in the states.. Lol.
    Ah, I see what you mean, but it is widely accepted and is also correct. Both 'z' and 's'.

My Cars
    z3
    I took more issue to the opening sentence

"As at the date of issue of this label..."

Just sounds weird as heck. Would not fly in the US as proper, or rather I should say, as "ideal" grammar.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E39 M-Sport F30 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    I took more issue to the opening sentence

"As at the date of issue of this label..."

Just sounds weird as heck. Would not fly in the US as proper, or rather I should say, as "ideal" grammar.
    Yeah I had to double take that too... hard to believe an official wrote that.
    E39 WhatsApp Chat Gruppe

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Still wanting to know the story.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    Still wanting to know the story.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E39 M-Sport F30 M-Sport
    Lmao ^
    E39 WhatsApp Chat Gruppe

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    The car is too low.

Australia has stupid, arbitrary, draconian laws regarding cars and modifying them. It was a random breath test station. So I got waved in, they breath tested me and drug tested me. Then they decided that my car was too low so they gave me a defect. We have a law here that the minimum ground clearance of the car has to be 10cm at the lowest point. My car JUST complies with that. So he defected me for what they call the "eyebrow height", which is the height as measured from the middle of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch. It is illegal to have an eyebrow height lower than 2/3 of the factory suspension travel.

https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transpo...n-modification

What it means is that I can only drive the car for 72 hours from the time of issue. After that, the car can only be driven for the purposes of repair (eg. driving it to a mechanic) or for the purpose of driving it to the inspection station. So I have to raise the car back up to a legal height and then pay to have it inspected and the defect cleared before I can drive it again. Of course though, being Australia, coilovers are illegal (unless you pay to have them "engineered" and welded so they can't be adjusted below legal height) so this pretty much means I have to pull out my suspension and reinstall the OEM suspension before having it inspected and cleared, and then I'll put my coilovers back in.

They can pretty much defect you for whatever they want if the cop is a big enough wanker. We don't have emissions testing, but if your car is blowing smoke, they can say you have excessive emissions and defect you for that. Same goes for pretty much any modification. If they suspect it of being unsafe or it doesn't comply with Australian Design Rules, then they can defect you and you have to have it remedied and pay to have it cleared before you can drive the car again. Blatant revenue raising. It's a complete joke.

There is nothing wrong with the grammar. You Yanks have just bastardised the English language beyond recognition.

For reference, this is how my car was sitting when it was deemed to be "too low" and consequently "unsafe".

Last edited by Dat Aus; 10-05-2014 at 12:43 AM.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Good muzic brah! But I will get what I want .....

Still waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

That's some serious joke right there mate. Although I like the idea of not having emission programme.

My Cars
    06/98 540i/6, E9
    Damn, hate when you get hassled over dumb crap like that!

My Cars
    03 540i
    We are the ones with bastardized language?
    You don't set things on the back of paper you write them, unless its on a table upside down then you can set whatever you want on it.

My Cars
    E85 Z4M, E39 540i/6 & M5
    The car is too low. Australia has stupid, arbitrary, draconian laws regarding cars and modifying them. It was a random breath test station. So I got waved in, they breath tested me and drug tested me. Then they decided that my car was too low so they gave me a defect. We have a law here that the minimum ground clearance of the car has to be 10cm at the lowest point. My car JUST complies with that. So he defected me for what they call the "eyebrow height", which is the height as measured from the middle of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch. It is illegal to have an eyebrow height lower than 2/3 of the factory suspension travel. https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transpo...n-modification What it means is that I can only drive the car for 72 hours from the time of issue. After that, the car can only be driven for the purposes of repair (eg. driving it to a mechanic) or for the purpose of driving it to the inspection station. So I have to raise the car back up to a legal height and then pay to have it inspected and the defect cleared before I can drive it again. Of course though, being Australia, coilovers are illegal (unless you pay to have them "engineered" and welded so they can't be adjusted below legal height) so this pretty much means I have to pull out my suspension and reinstall the OEM suspension before having it inspected and cleared, and then I'll put my coilovers back in. They can pretty much defect you for whatever they want if the cop is a big enough wanker. We don't have emissions testing, but if your car is blowing smoke, they can say you have excessive emissions and defect you for that. Same goes for pretty much any modification. If they suspect it of being unsafe or it doesn't comply with Australian Design Rules, then they can defect you and you have to have it remedied and pay to have it cleared before you can drive the car again. Blatant revenue raising. It's a complete joke. There is nothing wrong with the grammar. You Yanks have just bastardised the English language beyond recognition. For reference, this is how my car was sitting when it was deemed to be "too low" and consequently "unsafe".
    Aussies have laws for everything. Unbelievable.

My Cars
    '74 tii, '85 & '86 535i
    Thanks to Adam ("Clemster" on m5board.com) for setting me up with a nicer steering wheel and the functional cupholder.

Attached Images Attached Images
    John in VA
    BMW CCA member
    National Capital Chapter
    '74 tii "Juanita"
    '85 535i "Goldie"
    '86 535i "M-POSSTR"
    '00 328i "Fern"
    '03 530i "Titan"

My Cars
    1999 528i
    Installed the rear window regulator 'fix-it' kit. Gathering items for annual service now.

My Cars
    06/98 540i/6, E9
    Gotta do oxygen sensors and knock sensor 3.

My Cars
    03 540i
    Looked at it and drove the jeep

My Cars
    1999 540i/6 Sport
    Had the valley pan gasket replaced along with the CCV. Also ordered some Redline MTL and 75W-90 fluid for the transmission and diff.

JimLev is offline Artifically Aspirated Moderator
    My Cars
    00 540/6, '16 Highlander
    Fixed RR reverse light so I could get an inspection sticker, or stika, if your from Boston.

My Cars
    2015 X1 & 2000 M5
    Put all new rotors, pads, calipers and stainless lines on between yesterday and today.

Page 374 of 452 FirstFirst ... 274324349364365366367368369370371372373374375376377378379380381382383384399424 ... LastLast