Thread: 2005 bmw 745, how to reset brake service indicator

My Cars
    745li

2005 bmw 745, how to reset brake service indicator

I have already changed the brake pads and sensors purchased from the dealership. The dealership says they will not reset my car computer because that's how their mechanics make money. I have heard that I can buy some device that will help me reset the service warning every time it comes on. I plan on changing oil, air, fuel filters as much as I can on my own instead of paying crazy money to the dealer.

Thanks in advance for you help:-)
    Last edited by 05li745; 07-03-2009 at 10:40 PM.

My Cars
    Black 2002 745Li, white 1997 740iL
    Look up oil service reset -- should apply for all above if I remember correctly. Basically the procedure is that you put the key in, push start without stepping on the brake (so that it turns everything on but does not start the car), hold the trip reset button for an eternity (~10-20 secs), scroll through the menu by tapping the trip reset, hold the trip reset again to reset the interval for the item you are on, etc. Good luck... if you need any further help or advice, the people who frequent this board are good. Btw, spend the $40 or so to buy a BMWCCA membership; it will save you a good chunk of change on parts at the dealership if you frequently work on these cars yourself.

My Cars
    745li
    Thanks a bunch Keifr I will join the BMWCCA membership. Appreciate your help I will try what you said to do.