Thread: bmw collision repair questions

My Cars
    2008 328i

bmw collision repair questions

my wife's 328i lasted 1 week before somebody hit it. we purchased 4-25 and in a wreck on 5-2. the damage isn't that bad and it is still driveable, but it still pisses both of us off. are there certain BMW authorized body shops? the dealership that i purchased it from just has a local body shop that they send all of their business to. i want it repaired to be as close to what it was when we picked it up with new BMW parts. also, has anybody been in a wreck and went after the other person for depreciation in the value of the car since it will show up on carfax now. we bought it as a CPO with 14k miles but i don't believe it can be re-certified as a CPO if we trade it in down the road because of the wreck on carfax. because of this, i believe that both the retail and the trade in values have been damaged due to the ignorant driving of the woman that hit the car. i just think that we should get something to offset the loss of value due to the wreck. any and all help is greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    You need to check the div diminution in value laws of your state to answer that one.

If the dealer sends their cars to the particular body shop, then i would expect it to be top notch.
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.

My Cars
    2011 M3, 1997 Z3
    Bring it up with your insurance company. They can pursue it with at-fault's insurer.

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    Does anyone on this forum work at a BMW collision center? Does anyone on this forum have access to BMW collision data?

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    No one has access to BMW collision data? BMW TIS doesn't cover collision repair, correct? Collision repair is covered in another manual?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Contact members of the local chapter of the BMWCCA for shop recommendations.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by robmpulse View Post
    If the dealer sends their cars to the particular body shop, then i would expect it to be top notch.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    11 335i, 01 740i Sport
    I've recovered diminished value before on a 5 series touring a few years back from the at-fault driver's insurance co. It's a complete PITA because there really is no solid readily available data as to what extent the value has dropped. As far as CPO is concerned, an accident does not preclude a dealer form selling it as another CPO.
    2011 335i XDrive Coupe
    2001 740i Sport

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratinoff View Post
    No one has access to BMW collision data? BMW TIS doesn't cover collision repair, correct? Collision repair is covered in another manual?
    Having just installed BMW TIS on a Windows XP virtual machine, I can confirm that it does include collision repair.