Thread: Unlocking the OBC (Low and High)

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)

Unlocking the OBC (Low and High)

Last edited by jamesdc4; 12-17-2009 at 09:48 PM.

My Cars
    2015 BMW M235i
    This would be helpful to me like 3 weeks ago. But i found this on my own :/
    Thanks for the post for the people who haven't seen this. The RPM digital tach is my fav.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    This would be helpful to me like 3 weeks ago. But i found this on my own :/
    Thanks for the post for the people who haven't seen this. The RPM digital tach is my fav.
    nike001,

Thx for the response.
    This thread is actually a way for me to consolidate two threads into one in the parked FAQ at the top of the forum.

Regards,

My Cars
    2001 540i
    Has anyone expanded upon the info presented in the High OBC link? It seems that the author leaves a lot of questions unanswered, and it was last updated in 2000.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tireman502 View Post
    Has anyone expanded upon the info presented in the High OBC link? It seems that the author leaves a lot of questions unanswered, and it was last updated in 2000.
    My youngest son is only a month old so I haven't had the time, but when I get a chance, I will see if I can update it.
    In the meantime, please do a search for OBC and you'll find quite a bit of info. If you find some good update material, please PM me and I will piece it all together.

Cheers

My Cars
    540I
    high obc link is no good.....anyone have another link to high obc info?

My Cars
    2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC
    Haha. I was just looking at this today. I eventually found test 18 unlocks it. Or apparently adding up the last 5 numbers of your VIN unlocks it (when it says "LOCK: --")
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    Quote Originally Posted by N47WTF View Post
    Hmmm, the linked worked for me when I clicked on it. And you can also get to it from the LOW OBC instructions (there's an embedded link to unlock the HIGH cluster in the Low cluster's instructions).
    Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    '03 330i6, '08 E92 M3
    The link is accurate, but the server is having issues. N47WTF probably saw the error I just received - "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

My Cars
    540I
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1979 View Post
    The link is accurate, but the server is having issues. N47WTF probably saw the error I just received - "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."
    yup. But when I was trying to look at it I was still unsure of the difference between high and low obc. I have the high and I have already unlocked it. I thought that it was talking about something different.

My Cars
    98 540iA (Prd 11/97)
    Quote Originally Posted by N47WTF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
    Hmmm, the linked worked for me when I clicked on it. And you can also get to it from the LOW OBC instructions (there's an embedded link to unlock the HIGH cluster in the Low cluster's instructions).
    Quote Originally Posted by adam1979 View Post
    I've copied the high OBC thread info. into a thread here on Bf.c (with the thread author's permission of course), and now the link should display regardless of the condition of the original server.

My Cars
    e39 M5
    very helpful, thank you! thing is, I wasn't sure I had an OBC! (thought maybe previous owners took it?? ah!) Now I see it's just not the same as the 3 series, which all the display is located on the obc box under the radio.
    Last edited by xaviercharles; 11-30-2009 at 12:27 AM.

My Cars
    2002 BMW M5
    Great stuff hear guys...