Thread: 07 M Roadster Rear Rim Removal

My Cars
    2007 Bmw z4 M Roadster

07 M Roadster Rear Rim Removal

OK whats the trick, I have all the bolts out. Both rear rims seem to be siezed. This is the first time taking them off since new.

My Cars
    2006 Interlagos M Coupe
    I had the same problem. Squirt some WD40 between the wheel and the hub. Let it soak overnight. Mine came off with a few kicks to each side of the tire.

My Cars
    Z4 3.0 si
    Several things you can try. If the car's up on a jack, try lowering the jack. Often will pop the wheel loose. Or, while still up, you can take a soft rubber mallet and whack the tire at an angle. Or kick it firmly (be careful not to hit the jack!!! Or spray WD40 around the lugnuts and repeat the above. One of these ought to do the trick for you.

When you re-mount the wheels, I'd suggest slathering anti-seize lubricant on the wheel hub and around the rim. Usually stops the wheel from sticking the next time.

My Cars
    Z4MC, 335i
    Electrolytic corrosion between dissimilar metals - aluminum rim and steel hub assembly. It is not stuck to the rotor. It has rusted onto the lip of the wheel bearing where it fits into the center bore of the wheel. Make sure the car is solidly on jackstands or a lift so that it can't fall off. Then use a piece of wood to prevent damaging the wheel and pound on the wood placed against the inside of the rim. Once it starts to loosen slightly, just start wiggling more and more and it will eventually come off. Before replacing, use some grease or anti seize on the hub to prevent the same thing from happening again.

My Cars
    Z4MC, p-car projects
    this has been covered before search and hit the gym

My Cars
    2007 Bmw z4 M Roadster
    got them off a little wd40 a bit of colorful language and a chisel.

My Cars
    08 135i
    That's the sole purpose of my rubber mallet.
    NB8S 2006 3.0i, Gone but not forgotten. 2008 135i, Premium, M Sport Package, new ride 2013 X1X drive, 28i

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    I always whack the wheels with another tire (it's got heft and you're not gonna damage anything). However, if lowering the car back down doesn't do the trick you've really got problems
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.