Thread: Windshield Wiper Spraying not working

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330CIC

Windshield Wiper Spraying not working

I cant spray water over my front windsheild, the water spray function does not work on my car. I can use the windsheild wipers though. There is water fluid filled up, so the presence of fluid is not the problem. Please share your expertise on this matter.

97 328is

My Cars
    04escalade 03gsxr
    windshield washer pump. i need one to.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330CIC
    wheres the washer pump located?

My Cars
    04escalade 03gsxr
    next to the tank. i might be wrong.

My Cars
    E46 330i
    Windshield washer pump, its the big black motorized thing on the big white thing filled with blue/green liquid.

My Cars
    ^^^Yep. Very easy to change. But a little messy if you don't drain the fluid reservoir first.
    "Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.
    Do I care if you hate me?
    Do you wanna know the truth?
    C'est la vie,
    Adiós,
    Good riddance,
    F--- you.

I'm under and over it all."

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330CIC
    can anyone provide me with pictures of the water pump and/or fluid reservoir that i need to drain

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    The white tank below the red circle is the washer tank, and the black piece on the lower half is the pump.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    '95 318ti, '87 325e
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
    The white tank below the red circle is the washer tank, and the black piece on the lower half is the pump.

can i have your strut tower bar? please?

and, check your connections on your pump. mine went dead for a bit, then leaked, then dead. it could be finicky

My Cars
    1999 328iS
    When you pull the lever in towards to activate the windshield washer, can you hear the motor spin? If it does, then I'd check the hoses for the nozzles that run under the cover on the underside of the hood. sometimes they can get dislodged then all your water will just run down the side of your engine compartment and not actually spray, even though everything works. Check that before you go replacing the pump!
    Niraj's E36 - 1999 328iS 5-speed + Black/Black

Smoked Corners | Smoked Fogs with Custom 3000k (Yellow) HIDs | Smoked Sidemarkers | 6500k XenonDepot HIDs | Black Kidneys | Wood Grain Delete | Smoked Red/Clear Tail Lamps coming soon...

My Cars
    2004 Z4 3.0i

yes if you hear the motor it could also be

Quote Originally Posted by NYe36er View Post
    When you pull the lever in towards to activate the windshield washer, can you hear the motor spin? If it does, then I'd check the hoses for the nozzles that run under the cover on the underside of the hood. sometimes they can get dislodged then all your water will just run down the side of your engine compartment and not actually spray, even though everything works. Check that before you go replacing the pump!
    the valve that connects from the hose to the nozzle...I bought a pump, a new nozzle, then it turned out to be the valve that connects...plus push a needle through your nozzles to make sure they are not clogged.

My Cars
    civic si, m50nv
    check it is getting power first and the fuse!!
    - Keith

oh wait...I own an e36!

My Cars
    1995 Alpine Weiss III M3
    Time for the windshield wiper DELETE!

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i Sedan

I think you circled the wrong item...

Unless my car is different, I believe the pump is here in this revised markup. Does anyone concur? I researched the pump and the pictures they are showing for this look like what I have circled. I am also attaching a picture of the pump that you can buy for a replacement.

Please correct me if I am wrong as my sprayer is also not working. I would hate to buy the wrong item to replace this item thinking it will fix the problem of my windshield wiper sprayer not spraying.

Sorry, tried to show pic but apparently new members cant post pics. Anyways I will try and explain where I believe the pump is really located. On my 1995 325i and from the looks of yours they are in the same location which is located on the tank itself.

Thanks,

My Cars
    2007 BMW 530i Sedan

I think you circled the wrong item...

Unless my car is different, I believe the pump is here in this revised markup. Does anyone concur? I researched the pump and the pictures they are showing for this look like what I have circled. I am also attaching a picture of the pump that you can buy for a replacement.

Please correct me if I am wrong as my sprayer is also not working. I would hate to buy the wrong item to replace this item thinking it will fix the problem of my windshield wiper sprayer not spraying.

Thanks,

My Cars
    BMW 525i, 328ic - Infiniti M35x
    Quote Originally Posted by onetrillionrpm View Post
    check it is getting power first and the fuse!!
    +1

My Cars
    '96 323i w/ 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by NYe36er View Post
    +1 I'm working through this on mine right now, sometimes the little white check valve leaks around the connections to the hose or the nozzles. I just deleted the check valve and reconnected the hose direct to the nozzles. I believe on Pelican Parts its called "8-valve"

My Cars
    328is
    I just fixed mine and as stated in other posts mine was the little white plastic filter/strainer (or whatever it is) I pulled it off and re-connected the hose and then zip-tied it to keep the hose from falling off. Works perfect now. I had to remove the cover under the hood to gain access.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe
    one thing to also check if you still hear the pump running, the hose sometimes gets pinched when the hood is shut. pop the hood up and run the washer. if it works then its just a pinch. i just took a larger stronger diameter hose and zip tied it around the section that kept getting pinched and it was fine

My Cars
    2002 BMW 330CIC
    just to clarify, in the image above, the black object that has a red circle around it is the water pump. The image isnt a template for something else.