What happens when you find someone who knows how to work a camera and you put them in a place where some fantastic cars will be? You get photos like this. One member found himself in the right place at the right time with his equipment and went to town shooting some awesome pictures for members to enjoy. You can see the photos at the link below or you can visit his Flickr profile for even more eye catching awesomeness.
Did you miss the M5 Charity Auction at Barrett Jackson? Here it is!
NASCAR team owner and inveterate car collector Rick Hendrick dishes out $700,000 for 2014 BMW Jahre M5. Thursday night at the Barrett-Jackson Collector-Car Auction in Scottsdale, Ariz., Hendrick paid $700,000 for a special 30th Jahre — German for “year” — Anniversary Edition 2014 BMW M5 sedan, with all proceeds going to the BMW Car Club of America Foundation, which helps train young drivers.
The car was one of just 30 imported in to the U.S. market, and one of just 300 produced worldwide. The $700,000 hammer price was the high sale of the auction.
The BMW Car Club of America is hosting an infield corral at the Rolex 24 at Daytona this January 22-25, 2015. The corral is sponsored by BMW NA and limited to only 50 BMWs (only a few tickets remain). The only way to get a BMW corral pass and BMW CCA pit road patio access for Daytona is to purchase the BMW CCA Rolex 24 ticket package from bmwcca.org.
The BMW CCA ticket packages includes:
- Two (2) 4-day race tickets with infield admission, garage access, and pre-race/Sprint FanZone Access
- Two (2) 2-Day hospitality passes for admission to the BMW CCA pit road patios where continental breakfast, snacks, dinner, and unlimited Coca-Cola products will be served from 9 a.m. until midnight on Saturday, January 24
- One (1) BMW-only 4-day infield corral pass
Package price: $275 + $10 shipping fee.*
The BMW CCA infield corral will be located next to Lake Lloyd inside of NASCAR Turn Two, just a short walk from the infield portion of the road course. Participants will also be able to take the speedway tram to the Sprint FanZone for quick access to the BMW CCA pit road patios.
Corral participants can look forward to:
- BMW Team RLL meet and greet opportuni- ties
- Organize- d paddock tours
- Continental breakfast, snacks, dinner, and unlimited Coca-Cola products at the pit road patio on Saturday – from 9 a.m. until midnight
- Enjoying the sites and sounds of the Rolex 24 weekend and cheering on BMW Team RLL